Conductivity testing is offered in our Environmental department for dialysis water or drinking water samples. This test is applicable for non-New York potable water samples.
- Collect water sample in a Water Analysis Tube (50 mL trace-metal free tube).
- Minimum water sample volume of 20 mL.
- Secure lid.
- Use the bar code label to identify the specimen.
- Place the labeled bottle in a plastic Transport Bag with an absorbent sheet and seal shut.
- Refrigerate at 2°- 8° C.
- Estimated Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) can be measured by multiplying conductivity results by 0.55.