- Ensure to follow dialysis facility protocols when collecting water analysis specimens.
- Collect specimen using the Trace-Metal Free Conical Tube and fill up to the Max Freeze line.
- Secure lid.
- Use the bar code label to identify the specimen.
- Place the labeled bottle in a plastic Transport Bag with an absorbent sheet and seal shut.
- Refrigerate at 2°- 8° C.
- Specimens must be kept refrigerated for a minimum of 3 hours prior to shipment.
- Due to short stability, specimens must be collected and shipped to the laboratory Monday through Friday only.
- For packaging and shipping instructions, refer to the Reference Manual sections below: