The integrity of a specimen is affected greatly by its handling during transport.
- Only use shipping materials supplied by Ascend Clinical.
- Never place refrigerated specimens directly on ice packs as this can cause hemolysis.
- Never ship room temperature specimens in the same box with refrigerated specimens.
- Temperature requirements for refrigerated specimens are 2° – 8° C.
- For environmental water analysis samples, refer to Water Analysis.
- You may ship refrigerated microbiology and environmental specimens in the same box with other refrigerated specimens (such as test tubes) as long as they are bagged separately.
- All plastic Transport Bags must include an absorbent sheet.