The integrity of a specimen is affected greatly by its handling during transport.
- Only use shipping materials supplied by Ascend Clinical.
- Never place room temperature specimens in a box with ice packs or ship with refrigerated specimens.
- Microbiology specimens may be placed together in the same plastic Transport Bag.
- Test Tubes (blood specimens) may be placed together in the same plastic Transport Bag.
- You may ship room temperature microbiology specimens in the same box with other room temperature specimens (such as test tubes) as long as they are bagged separately.
- All plastic Transport Bags must include an absorbent sheet.