Electrolytes on Bicarbonate Dialysate
Electrolytes on Bicarbonate Dialysate - DOWNLOAD
Electrolyte testing on bicarbonate dialysate includes Sodium, Potassium, Bicarbonate, Magnesium and Calcium.
- Using sterile technique, fill a Sterile Cup with Transfer Port (Yellow) 3/4 full.
- Peel back the protective seal on the Cup's lid to expose the Cup's transfer port.
- Insert the stopper of a White Top Tube into the Cup's transfer port. This will pierce the stopper and allow the tube to automatically fill. Allow tube to fill until flow ceases.
- Discard the Cup after use. Do not send to the laboratory.
- Use the barcode label to identify the specimen.
- Place the labeled tube in a plastic Transport Bag with an absorbent sheet and seal shut.
- Refrigerate at 2°-8° C.
- Due to short stability, specimens must be collected and shipped to the laboratory Monday through Friday only.