Ascend Clinical supplies a centrifuge for laboratory procedures. Follow your clinic's equipment maintenance protocol and manufacturer's recommendation for cleaning, general maintenance and safety recommendations. See our recommendations below the event of a centrifuge malfunction, the clinic will decontaminate the centrifuge and contact Client Services to obtain a call tag for the centrifuge to be returned and to request a replacement.
- Clean the centrifuge weekly using a mild detergent. Spills should be wiped up immediately.
- Clean both the exterior and the interior.
- Interior cleaning includes the interior bucket, specimen holder, rotor and rubber cushion.
- Disinfect using a 10% bleach solution (one part bleach to nine parts water).
- Exterior of the centrifuge should be disinfected weekly.
- Interior should be disinfected monthly.
- Always place on flat surface first.
- Always unplug power cord from the electrical outlet before cleaning.
- Wear disposable gloves.
- Follow your facility’s safety procedures when cleaning and disinfecting the centrifuge.
- Before transporting the centrifuge to a new location, the exterior and interior surfaces should be cleaned and disinfected.
- Plug centrifuge back into electrical outlet only when completely dry.
- Prepare a fresh 10% bleach solution each time. Once mixed with water, bleach loses effectiveness after 24 hours. The solution should not be stored for future use.