UltraPure Colony Count
UltraPure Colony Count – DOWNLOAD
- Put on clean gloves and facemask. Avoid use of powdered gloves to eliminate test interference.
- Using sterile technique, collect sample in a Sterile Cup (Orange) from the water source.
- Turn on the water/dialysate and allow running through the sample port for at least 2 minutes. The purpose of this flush is to remove all residual organisms from the sample port.
- Remove Cup’s lid. Place the lid on the counter facing upward. To avoid contamination, do not touch the inside of the Cup.
- While the water/dialysate is running, collect a midstream clean catch, filling the cup to at least 100 mL. Turn off the water/dialysate.
- Secure lid tightly. The Cup must be sent to the laboratory.
- Use the bar code label to identify the specimen.
- Place the Cup in a plastic Transport Bag with absorbent sheet and seal shut.
- Refrigerate at 2°-8° C.
- Due to short stability, specimens must be collected and shipped to the laboratory Monday through Friday only.
- Note: This is for Non-NY client testing only.